I have been making this quinoa, coconut, pineapple and mango dish since I was in high school. To make it even more tropical, add some diced papaya.—Billy Hensley, Mount Carmel, TN
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- Toasted sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring pineapple juice, coconut milk, cinnamon and ginger to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Stir in pineapple and brown sugar. Top with mango and macadamia nuts. If desired, serve with coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Quinoa Breakfast Bowl in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2015, p80
Reviews for Tropical Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review