I used what I had in my cupboard to make this pork, and the results were fantastic! I enjoy transforming an inexpensive cut of meat to something extraordinary. —Shelly Mitchell, Gresham, Oregon
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mango salsa
- 24 whole wheat dinner rolls, split
- Rub roast with garlic and lemon pepper. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker; top with pineapple and orange juice. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks. Return pork and cooking juices to slow cooker. Stir in salsa; heat through. Serve with rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review