Tropical Pound Cake Recipe
Pomegranate seeds add a nice touch to the tropical fruit topping. To minimize the mess of seeding a pomegranate, follow these simple instructions. First, cut off the crown and score the fruit into quarters. Soak the fruit in a large bowl of cold water for 5 minutes. Holding the fruit underwater, break the scored sections apart with your fingers. Then separate the seed clusters from the skin and membranes. Discard the skin and the membranes; dry the seeds on paper towels.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 12 slices
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) mixed tropical fruit, drained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- Pomegranate seeds, optional
- 1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter; lightly brush over one side of each cake slice. Place buttered side up in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt remaining butter; add fruit. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in honey; cook for 2 minutes.
- 3. Place two cake slices on each of six dessert plates. Top each with 1/2 cup fruit mixture; sprinkle with coconut. Garnish with pomegranate seeds if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 433 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Tropical Pound Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC