- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1 cup molasses
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- Place pork, peppers, zucchini and mushrooms in a large resealable plastic bag. Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Add pineapple chunks to pork mixture. Combine the molasses, soy sauce and pineapple juice. Set aside 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. Pour remaining sauce over meat and vegetables. Seal bag; refrigerate several hours. Discard marinade.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate pork, vegetables and pineapple. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until the pork juices run clear, turning and basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings (12 kabobs).
Originally published as Tropical Pork Kabobs in Country Pork 1996, p99
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tropical Pork Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2011
Not nearly enough flavor and gave the pork the flavor of canned peas. We fed it to the dog and won't be making it again.