- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1 cup molasses
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- Place pork, peppers, zucchini and mushrooms in a large resealable plastic bag. Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Add pineapple chunks to pork mixture. Combine the molasses, soy sauce and pineapple juice. Set aside 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. Pour remaining sauce over meat and vegetables. Seal bag; refrigerate several hours. Discard marinade.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate pork, vegetables and pineapple. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until the pork juices run clear, turning and basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings (12 kabobs).
Originally published as Tropical Pork Kabobs in Country Pork 1996, p99
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tropical Pork Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2011
"Not nearly enough flavor and gave the pork the flavor of canned peas. We fed it to the dog and won't be making it again."