Tropical Pineapple Smoothies
Around our house, we often make these yummy shakes. To make the shakes healthier, we substitute fat-free milk and ice cubes for the ice cream. They are fast and nutritious! —Polly Coumos, Mogadore, Ohio
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 6 ice cubes
- In a blender, place the first six ingredients; cover and process
- until smooth. Add ice cubes; cover and process until smooth. Pour
- into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 126 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk, 1/2 starch.