Tropical Pineapple Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Stir in egg and pineapple until well blended. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Combine the coconut, nuts and brown sugar; sprinkle with batter.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One piece equals 307 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1 fruit.