We love Hawaii, and when we aren't visiting the beautiful Islands, I keep the Hawaiian spirit at home by serving this delicious dessert.—Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
Recommended: 41 Ways to Love Jell-O (Because We Know You Do)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Stir in egg and pineapple until well blended. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Combine the coconut, nuts and brown sugar; sprinkle with batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Pineapple Dessert in Country Woman May/June 2002, p37
Reviews for Tropical Pineapple Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2011
"This recipe is quick and delicious. I have made this several time this summer. I have substituted the macadamias for pecan and it came out just as good!!! Always a hit!"