We love Hawaii, and when we aren't visiting the beautiful Islands, I keep the Hawaiian spirit at home by serving this delicious dessert.—Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Stir in egg and pineapple until well blended. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Combine the coconut, nuts and brown sugar; sprinkle with batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Pineapple Dessert in Country Woman May/June 2002, p37
Reviews for Tropical Pineapple Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review