Tropical Pie Recipe
“I created this fruity, spur-of-the-moment recipe when we needed a light dessert to serve company on a very hot day—and I didn’t want to heat up the kitchen. Everything was in the fridge or pantry, and it took no time to prepare!” Audrey Arno, Tuttle, Oklahoma.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 4 maraschino cherries, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar substitute and 1 tablespoon reserved juice until smooth. Add bananas to remaining reserved juice. Fold 1/4 cup whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
- 2. Drain bananas; arrange half of the slices in the crust. Carefully spread with cream cheese mixture. Layer with pineapple and remaining bananas and whipped topping. Garnish with cherries and walnuts. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 240 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC