“I created this fruity, spur-of-the-moment recipe when we needed a light dessert to serve company on a very hot day—and I didn’t want to heat up the kitchen. Everything was in the fridge or pantry, and it took no time to prepare!”
Audrey Arno, Tuttle, Oklahoma.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 4 maraschino cherries, halved
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small
- bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar substitute and 1 tablespoon
- reserved juice until smooth. Add bananas to remaining reserved
- juice. Fold 1/4 cup whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
- Drain bananas; arrange half of the slices in the crust. Carefully
- spread with cream cheese mixture. Layer with pineapple and remaining
- bananas and whipped topping. Garnish with cherries and walnuts.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 240 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.