“I created this fruity, spur-of-the-moment recipe when we needed a light dessert to serve company on a very hot day—and I didn’t want to heat up the kitchen. Everything was in the fridge or pantry, and it took no time to prepare!” Audrey Arno, Tuttle, Oklahoma.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 4 maraschino cherries, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar substitute and 1 tablespoon reserved juice until smooth. Add bananas to remaining reserved juice. Fold 1/4 cup whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
- Drain bananas; arrange half of the slices in the crust. Carefully spread with cream cheese mixture. Layer with pineapple and remaining bananas and whipped topping. Garnish with cherries and walnuts. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Pie in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p21
Reviews for Tropical Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review