Tropical Pie Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 4 maraschino cherries, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar substitute and 1 tablespoon reserved juice until smooth. Add bananas to remaining reserved juice. Fold 1/4 cup whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
- Drain bananas; arrange half of the slices in the crust. Carefully spread with cream cheese mixture. Layer with pineapple and remaining bananas and whipped topping. Garnish with cherries and walnuts. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tropical Pie(3)
Sort By :
The best compliment about this pie is there was nothing left!
Sounds wonderful. Also tip from rd11857 sounds really good also. will try both ways. Thanks
I have made this pie three times now and Everyone loved it. The last time I used a chocolate crust and added a layer of strawberries with the bananas. It tasted like a banana split. Very refreshing during the hot weather.