Tropical Parfaits Recipe
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel, optional
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Whipped cream in a can
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 1. In a bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Stir in coconut and lime peel if desired. In each of two 1-1/2-cup parfait glasses or dessert dishes, layer about 1/3 cup pudding mixture, 1/4 cup pineapple, 2 tablespoons almonds, 1/3 cup pudding mixture, 1/4 cup strawberries, 2 tablespoons almonds and remaining pudding mixture.
- 2. Top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with the remaining almonds. Garnish with cherries. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Tropical Parfaits
"So good, looks pretty and easy to make. I didn't have regular instant vanilla, so I substituted sugar free - still yummy!"