When entertaining guests, Nancy Stock of Minonk, Illinois often adds sliced bananas to this layered pudding dessert. "It makes a beautiful presentation and is good for you, too," she notes.
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel, optional
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Whipped cream in a can
- 2 maraschino cherries
- In a bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Stir in coconut and lime peel if desired. In each of two 1-1/2-cup parfait glasses or dessert dishes, layer about 1/3 cup pudding mixture, 1/4 cup pineapple, 2 tablespoons almonds, 1/3 cup pudding mixture, 1/4 cup strawberries, 2 tablespoons almonds and remaining pudding mixture.
- Top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with the remaining almonds. Garnish with cherries. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Parfaits in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p15
Reviews for Tropical Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review