When entertaining guests, Nancy Stock of Minonk, Illinois often adds sliced bananas to this layered pudding dessert. "It makes a beautiful presentation and is good for you, too," she notes.
Recommended: 42 Recipes to Boost Your Vitamin D
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel, optional
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Whipped cream in a can
- 2 maraschino cherries
- In a bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Stir in coconut and lime peel if desired. In each of two 1-1/2-cup parfait glasses or dessert dishes, layer about 1/3 cup pudding mixture, 1/4 cup pineapple, 2 tablespoons almonds, 1/3 cup pudding mixture, 1/4 cup strawberries, 2 tablespoons almonds and remaining pudding mixture.
- Top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with the remaining almonds. Garnish with cherries. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Parfaits in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p15
Reviews for Tropical Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2011
"So good, looks pretty and easy to make. I didn't have regular instant vanilla, so I substituted sugar free - still yummy!"