Tropical Nut Bark Recipe
Short on time? In mere minutes, the Taste of Home Test Kitchen staff brought a taste of paradise to classic Christmas bark using toasted coconut, macadamia nuts and dried mangoes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:28 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup dried mangoes, chopped
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Combine the macadamia nuts, coconut, ginger and mangoes. Remove 1/2 cup and set aside. Stir remaining nut mixture into melted chocolate.
- 2. Spread onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved nut mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-3/4 pounds.
1 ounce equals 179 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC