Tropical Nut Bark
Short on time? In mere minutes, the Taste of Home Test Kitchen staff brought a taste of paradise to classic Christmas bark using toasted coconut, macadamia nuts and dried mangoes.
28 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 pounds white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup dried mangoes, chopped
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Combine the macadamia nuts, coconut, ginger and mangoes. Remove 1/2
- cup and set aside. Stir remaining nut mixture into melted chocolate.
- Spread onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved
- nut mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Break into
- pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-3/4 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ounce equals 179 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.