Tropical Muffins Recipe
I entered these muffins at our county fair and won the grand champion award for baked goods. They're so moist, they don't need butter.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sour cream and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in the pineapple, coconut and pecans.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC