Tropical Muffins Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sour cream and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in the pineapple, coconut and pecans.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 each: 225 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Tropical Muffins
"Why do recipes NOT say if you are to use "sweetened" coconut or unsweetened? It makes a LOT of difference"
"Outstanding!! very moist and yummy.... followed the recipe exactly except I didn't have any rum extract so I used Capt'n Morgan.... I'm also going to try it with chopped macadamias next time... thanks for sharing!!"
"I loved this recipe from "TASTE OF HOME". Very moist and not to sweet,"
"A friend brought these to a meeting, and they were wonderful!! Moist, and delish!!!"
"NOT VERY GODD"
"I didn't have rum extract on hand but really wanted to try these,. I used half coconut extract and half vanilla extract. These muffins were amazing."
"I baked these muffins & took them to my daughter in college and she asked for them again. These muffins are delicuous!!!"