"This fruity shake has a bold banana flavor," explains DeEtta Rasmussen of Ogden, Iowa. "It's a tasty tradition to serve this beverage whenever the family is together."
Recommended: 42 Recipes to Boost Your Vitamin D
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) chunk pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a blender, combine the milk, bananas, ice cream and pineapple; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses. Top with coconut and pecans. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Tropical Milk Shakes in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p8
Reviews for Tropical Milk Shakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2009
"Fast, easy to make, and very inexpensive to make."