- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth; stir into skillet. Add the orange juice, peppers, oranges, pineapple, raisins, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mandarin Chicken in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p30
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Mandarin Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review