Tropical Mahi Mahi Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 mahi mahi fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) mixed tropical fruit, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; add fillets. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil. Cook mahi mahi over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute cilantro in pan drippings for 1 minute. Add grape juice; cook until reduced by half. Add cream; cook until reduced by half. Stir in the fruit and remaining seasoned salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with mahi mahi; sprinkle with macadamia nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Mahi Mahi(3)
Sort By :
I am the wife of the recipe's creator. Re the reviewer who stated she didn't care for the grape juice, PLEASE TRY DRY WHITE WINE instead. For some reason, Taste of Home made the recipe "family-friendly" by substituting juice for wine and it was not a good decision!
The fish was good. However, I made the sauce with the purple grape juice and it was not so good. I will have to try it with the white grape juice.