"This recipe has long been a favorite of my family. I found it many years ago in a recipe book and altered it to please our tastebuds. Every time I make it, I alter the salsa. You can add papaya, green pepper or any other healthy ingredients you prefer. " —Jennifer Eilts, Lincoln, Nebraska
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, oil, lime peel, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions. Serve with chicken and salsa. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup salsa).
Originally published as Tropical Lime Chicken in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p33
Reviews for Tropical Lime Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review