Tropical Guacamole Recipe
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a small bowl, mash two avocados. Stir in the pineapple, tomato, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Coarsely chop remaining avocado; gently stir into guacamole. Serve with chips. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 77 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Tropical Guacamole
"Very good. Adding the pineapple was a good departure from traditional guacamole."
"This recipe is DEEELISH!!! It would also taste great on turkey burgers or in fish tacos. If you love cilantro then you'll love this recipe."
"I made this for a family get together, and it wasn't for everybody, but the people that liked it could not get enough! My husband could eat the whole batch!"
"So tasty and oh, so clever. I followed the recipe except for using just 1 jalapeno pepper. The only difficulty I had was in finely chopping the fresh pineapple. I did it by hand afraid to use the processor in case I turned it into juice."
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.