Fresh pineapple stars in this fruity guacamole that sure hits the spot! Both kids and adults have enjoyed it as a poolside snack or as a satisfying appetizer at a summer barbecue. —Sarah White, Salt Lake City, Utah
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, mash two avocados. Stir in the pineapple, tomato,
- jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Coarsely
- chop remaining avocado; gently stir into guacamole. Serve with
- chips. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 77 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.