Fresh pineapple stars in this fruity guacamole that sure hits the spot! Both kids and adults have enjoyed it as a poolside snack or as a satisfying appetizer at a summer barbecue. —Sarah White, Salt Lake City, Utah
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, mash two avocados. Stir in the pineapple, tomato, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Coarsely chop remaining avocado; gently stir into guacamole. Serve with chips. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Tropical Guacamole in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p35
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Tropical Guacamole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review