This recipe was given to me by our pastor's wife. We live on a 65-acre avocado ranch and have many varieties of avocados to choose from. With our children grown and gone, my husband and I keep quite busy ranching.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup thawed pineapple-orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- Hot cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine the juice concentrate, butter, ginger and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally. Brush avocado slices with lime juice. Arrange chicken, avocado and nuts over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Glazed Chicken Strips in Country Extra January 2001, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tropical Glazed Chicken Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review