Fragrant and fruity, this ginger-scented rice goes with Asian, Indian and other fusion dishes. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup dried tropical fruit
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine rice, ginger and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 18-22 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in dried fruit and pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Ginger Rice in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p131
Reviews for Tropical Ginger Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review