Tropical Fusion Salad with Spicy Tortilla Ribbons Recipe
- 2 cups cubed peeled papaya
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine papaya, beans, avocado, corn, raisins, peppers, cilantro, orange juice, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper, sugar and salt.
- Place tortilla strips on a greased baking sheet; spritz with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining chili pepper. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Serve with salad. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Fusion Salad with Spicy Tortilla Ribbons(11)
Sort By :
This salad was easy to make, and tasted excellent. I didn't buy enough fresh papaya, so I used some from a can in light syrup, which actually worked out really well. And leftover tortilla strips make a good snack anytime!
Tasty and filling. Made it for a women's gathering and ladies loved it plus it is healthy and easy to make. Thank you!
I never waste my time writing a review, but this recipe was too good not to. Highly recommended!
Very good salad - I made the salad because the cover photo looked so great. As I was making it I hoped that I would like it - I did! So yummy. I liked the tortilla strips. I only used one pepper
Awesome and no guilt because it is so healthy....all the flavors in one dish make it one I will certainly be making again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bean Salad Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Salads >
- Southwest Salads >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >