Tropical Fruit Smoothies Recipe
Four refreshing fruits go into this frosty smoothie from Susan Voigt of Plymouth, Minnesota—plus a sweet lick of honey!
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 14 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup club soda, chilled
- 1. Place half of the orange juice, pineapple, mango, strawberries, kiwi, honey and ice cubes in a blender; cover and process until blended. Stir in 1/4 cup soda. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup equals 97 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC