Tropical Fruit Slush Recipe
This recipe has been in my family for a long time. I have fond childhood memories of cooling off on many hot afternoons with this cold fruit treat.
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 medium ripe bananas, diced
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1. In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool completely. In a 4-qt. freezer container, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour sugar water over the fruit. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours, stirring once or twice.
- 2. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 233 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC