Tropical Fruit Medley
You'll especially appreciate this salad in winter when fresh fruit isn't readily available. Serving a smaller crowd? No problem! The recipe can easily be cut in half.
20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups sliced celery
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chunky mixed fruit, drained
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery and fruit. Combine
- mayonnaise, salad dressing, vinegar, honey and curry powder. Pour
- over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill until ready to
- serve. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 455 calories, 37 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.