You'll especially appreciate this salad in winter when fresh fruit isn't readily available. Serving a smaller crowd? No problem! The recipe can easily be cut in half.
- 8 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups sliced celery
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chunky mixed fruit, drained
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery and fruit. Combine mayonnaise, salad dressing, vinegar, honey and curry powder. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Fruit Medley in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p10
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Fruit Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review