In Huntsville, Alabama, Ashley Braswell dresses up her fruit salad with yogurt cheese—the solids remaining after the whey has been drained from yogurt.
Recommended: 15 Recipes to Make for Summer Pool Parties
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 4 large firm bananas, sliced
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Line a strainer with 4 layers of cheesecloth and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl. In a large bowl, combine the bananas, oranges, pineapple, marshmallows and coconut. Add yogurt; stir gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Festive Fruit Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p47
Reviews for Tropical Fruit and Yogurt Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review