Flavored whipped cream makes each bite of this salad taste like candy. The bowl always empties quickly. —Carol Gillespie, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 large cantaloupe melons, cut into cubes or balls
- 5 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- In a 4-qt. serving bowl, toss the bananas and lemon juice. Stir in the cantaloupe, pineapple and strawberries.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and extract if desired; beat until soft peaks form. Spoon over fruit. Sprinkle with coconut and almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Fruit Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p229