Tropical Fish Fillets
A hint of lime, cilantro, coriander, cumin seasons these fish fillets. Writes Adrene Schmidt of Waldersee, Manitoba, "My husband and I have four children and we all like fish. Sometimes you have to do a little something exotic with it to add some spice to life. This recipe does just that."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 orange roughy or red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coat fish fillet with flour. In a large nonstick skillet, melt
- butter. Add fillets; cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on
- each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep
- warm. In the same skillet, add the remaining ingredients; cook for
- 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring constantly. Serve over
- fillets. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 170 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: lean meat, 1/2 starch.