Tropical Fish Fillets Recipe
A hint of lime, cilantro, coriander, cumin seasons these fish fillets. Writes Adrene Schmidt of Waldersee, Manitoba, "My husband and I have four children and we all like fish. Sometimes you have to do a little something exotic with it to add some spice to life. This recipe does just that."
- 4 orange roughy or red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coat fish fillet with flour. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter. Add fillets; cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, add the remaining ingredients; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring constantly. Serve over fillets. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Fish Fillets in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p56
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Fish Fillets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >