- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine pineapple and bananas. Sprinkle with brown sugar and flour; toss to coat. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix the first five topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pineapple mixture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Tropical Crisp
"I made this for a family gathering. Since I love coconut, I added a lot more coconut and it was a huge hit! I served it with vanilla ice cream at room temperature...not a bite was left!"
"[quote user="great grand ma"]No! Being alone--I don't need a recipe for 9 or so many people! Would appreciate recipes for 1 or 2 people! [/quote]"
"I added a little extra brown sugar and probably an extra 1 -2 tbsp of toasted coconut because of reviews that said it was bland. It was definitely sweet and delicious with a bit of tart from the pineapple. My husband only liked it with ice cream, I thought it was better without though. I would think using canned pineapple might not get it as soft. I will definitely make this again."
"My Mom made this the other day. I did not care for the bananas in it. Next time maybe put coconut and mandarin oranges in it."
"We loved this receipe. Tart on the first bite, but its great! The sweetness of the bananas helped to curb the tartness of the pineapple. This would be great for breakfast also."