Tropical Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small bowl, toss banana slices and lemon juice. In a large serving bowl, combine the cabbage, pineapple, celery, oranges and raisins. Drain bananas; discard juice. Add bananas, yogurt, walnuts and salt to cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 139 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Tropical Coleslaw
"Suprisingly different! Sweet and a touch salty and absolutely wonderful. I added some shredded, sweetend coconut for the final tropical note. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Had this a party, loved it, so did everyone else."