Tropical Coleslaw Recipe
A friend sent this recipe to me, mentioning that she thought I'd really like it. I've been indebted to her ever since. This is one coleslaw kids really like.
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/2 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, toss banana slices and lemon juice. In a large serving bowl, combine the cabbage, pineapple, celery, oranges and raisins. Drain bananas; discard juice. Add bananas, yogurt, walnuts and salt to cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Coleslaw in Country April/May 2002, p51
Reviews for Tropical Coleslaw(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2011
Suprisingly different! Sweet and a touch salty and absolutely wonderful. I added some shredded, sweetend coconut for the final tropical note. Thanks for the recipe!
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2010
Had this a party, loved it, so did everyone else.