Tropical Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, blend the sugar and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the sour cream mixture. Stir in pineapple.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 393 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Tropical Coffee Cake
"This cake was really fibrous, with stringy pieces of pineapple sticking out of the cut slices. I didn't like it very much. I did not use the coconut. I would not make this again."
"This coffee cake is truly delicious. Moist and not too sweet - and so easy to make. Thank you, Alisha."