Tropical Coffee Cake Recipe
"My aunt gave me this appealing recipe she often doubles for large groups," writes Alisha Juhnke from her home in Lebanon, Oregon. "Lightly sweetened with pineapple and topped with coconut, it was an instant winner in my household."
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, blend the sugar and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the sour cream mixture. Stir in pineapple.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 393 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Tropical Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC