Tropical Coffee Cake Recipe
"My aunt gave me this appealing recipe she often doubles for large groups," writes Alisha Juhnke from her home in Lebanon, Oregon. "Lightly sweetened with pineapple and topped with coconut, it was an instant winner in my household."
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, blend the sugar and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the sour cream mixture. Stir in pineapple.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p59
Reviews for Tropical Coffee Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2009
This coffee cake is truly delicious. Moist and not too sweet - and so easy to make. Thank you, Alisha.