Tropical Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, blend the sugar and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the sour cream mixture. Stir in pineapple.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p59
Reviews for Tropical Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2009
This coffee cake is truly delicious. Moist and not too sweet - and so easy to make. Thank you, Alisha.