- 2-1/4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 32 large marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons rum or vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups coconut and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Toast the remaining coconut; set aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice (discard remaining juice or refrigerate for another use); set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine marshmallows and reserved juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat. Add pineapple, extract and salt; mix well. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until cool.
- Fold in the whipped cream; spoon into prepared crust. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Pineapple Pie in Country Woman July/August 2001, p35
Reviews for Tropical Coconut Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review