Tropical Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (20 ounces) chunk pineapple, drained
- 2 large firm bananas, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Salad greens, optional
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts or cashew halves
- 1. Place chicken and celery in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and curry powder; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Before serving, add the pineapple, bananas, oranges and coconut; toss gently. Serve on salad greens if desired. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 610 calories, 45 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 363 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Tropical Chicken Salad
"Great main dish chicken salad. Curry flavor with the fruit really complements each other."
"Curry is wa-a-ay to overpowering for me, so I left it out."
"Could you use a different spice than curry. My family does not like curry flavor. Other than that it was very good. I used cashews as some of the members of my family are allergic to peanuts."
"Nice change for chicken salad - I used half mayo half yogurt and 1tsp curry. Big hit"
"I make this a couple of times each summer, and it's always a big hit!"
"My two teenaged sons love this recipe, and consider it a special treat when I make it for them. Definitely a keeper!"
"I'm glad to find a chicken salad with curry powder in it. I had a similare recipe and lost it. It sounds wonderful."
"Had this at a bridal shower YEARS ago and had lost the recipe! So glad to have found it. Making it again tonight and will NEVER lose the recipe again! DELICIOUS on a hot summer night with crusty rolls."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.