Tropical Chicken Salad
Over the years my husband and I have moved to different areas, and I've collected recipes from all over the United States. This flavorful salad recipe comes from New York. I've served it for luncheons for many years, and it's one of my husband's very favorites. Linda Wheatley, Garland, Texas
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (20 ounces) chunk pineapple, drained
- 2 large firm bananas, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Salad greens, optional
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts or cashew halves
- Place chicken and celery in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and
- curry powder; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Cover and chill
- for at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add the pineapple, bananas, oranges and coconut; toss
- gently. Serve on salad greens if desired. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 610 calories, 45 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 363 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon