Over the years my husband and I have moved to different areas, and I've collected recipes from all over the United States. This flavorful salad recipe comes from New York. I've served it for luncheons for many years, and it's one of my husband's very favorites. —Linda Wheatley, Garland, Texas
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (20 ounces) chunk pineapple, drained
- 2 large firm bananas, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Salad greens, optional
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts or cashew halves
- Place chicken and celery in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and curry powder; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add the pineapple, bananas, oranges and coconut; toss gently. Serve on salad greens if desired. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review