Tropical Chicken Packets Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1. Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper; place each on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Top with pineapple, red pepper and onion. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over vegetables. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
1 packet equals 324 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.