- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper; place each on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Top with pineapple, red pepper and onion. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over vegetables. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Chicken Packets
"These were really good. Kids are them without complaints! Great with some rice."
"The flavors of these were wonderful! I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs. These would great to make ahead for a camping trip. I know I will!"
"We've made this twice and everyone including my 3 children love it! Thanks for a great recipe!"
"Very simple to make and extremely tasty! My husband and three year old loved it just as much as I did!"
"This recipe was very easy to make and we loved the flavors. We wanted to make it again right after we enjoyed it for the first time."
"This is a breeze on the grill in hot weather, add some grilled corn and a salad for a great diner"
"My husband and I had this along with twice baked potatoes and green salad. It was an excellent meal that we will have again."