Yum! These quick-and-easy chicken packets are destined to become your family’s new favorite. The chicken is tender and laced with sweet pineapple and tropical flavors. Cleanup’s a breeze…these would be perfect for camping. —Jacqui Correa, Landing, New Jersey
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper; place each on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Top with pineapple, red pepper and onion. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over vegetables. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Chicken Packets in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p57
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Chicken Packets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review