- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper; place each on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Top with pineapple, red pepper and onion. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over vegetables. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Chicken Packets
Sort By :
"These were really good. Kids are them without complaints! Great with some rice."
"The flavors of these were wonderful! I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs. These would great to make ahead for a camping trip. I know I will!"
"We've made this twice and everyone including my 3 children love it! Thanks for a great recipe!"
"Very simple to make and extremely tasty! My husband and three year old loved it just as much as I did!"
"This recipe was very easy to make and we loved the flavors. We wanted to make it again right after we enjoyed it for the first time."