Tropical Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 1 bottle (11-1/2 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium sweet red peppers
- 2 medium green peppers
- 2 medium onions
- 1 fresh pineapple, washed and top removed
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 cherry tomatoes, optional
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce and garlic. Pour half of marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate about 15 minutes. Set aside remaining marinade.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut peppers into 1-in. pieces and onions into wedges. Core pineapple; cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Cut each slice into 4-6 wedges.
- 3. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. On metal or soaked bamboo skewers, alternate meat with onions, peppers and pineapple. Brush kabobs with reserved marinade. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes.
- 4. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Baste with marinade. Continue turning and basting for 10-12 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink, adding tomatoes to kabobs during the last 5 minutes of cooking if desired. Serve with rice. Serve remaining sweet-and-sour sauce on the side. Yield: 4 servings (2 kabobs each).
2 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Tropical Chicken Kabobs
"Easy to make, delicious and very colorful."
"Delicious receipe!! Great summer meal; full of flavor."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.