Tropical Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 1 bottle (11-1/2 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium sweet red peppers
- 2 medium green peppers
- 2 medium onions
- 1 fresh pineapple, washed and top removed
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 cherry tomatoes, optional
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce and garlic. Pour half of marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate about 15 minutes. Set aside remaining marinade.
- Meanwhile, cut peppers into 1-in. pieces and onions into wedges. Core pineapple; cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Cut each slice into 4-6 wedges.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. On metal or soaked bamboo skewers, alternate meat with onions, peppers and pineapple. Brush kabobs with reserved marinade. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Baste with marinade. Continue turning and basting for 10-12 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink, adding tomatoes to kabobs during the last 5 minutes of cooking if desired. Serve with rice. Serve remaining sweet-and-sour sauce on the side. Yield: 4 servings (2 kabobs each).
Originally published as Tropical Chicken Kabobs in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2005, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Chicken Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2011
Easy to make, delicious and very colorful.
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2010
Delicious receipe!! Great summer meal; full of flavor.