Tropical Carrot Salad
"Hoping to convince my son to eat his carrots, I came up with this refreshing salad," writes Louise Ross of Santa Rosa, California. "The big plus is that everyone in our family loves it." Her colorful spin-off on a traditional carrot and raisin salad tosses dried cranberries, pineapple and mango into the mix, along with a light yogurt and mayonnaise dressing.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crushed unsweetened pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup chopped salted cashews
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, raisins, cranberries, pineapple
- and mango. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise and
- orange juice concentrate; fold into carrot mixture. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2 hours. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 164 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.