Tropical Carrot Salad Recipe
"Hoping to convince my son to eat his carrots, I came up with this refreshing salad," writes Louise Ross of Santa Rosa, California. "The big plus is that everyone in our family loves it." Her colorful spin-off on a traditional carrot and raisin salad tosses dried cranberries, pineapple and mango into the mix, along with a light yogurt and mayonnaise dressing.
- 1 pound shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crushed unsweetened pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup chopped salted cashews
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the carrots, raisins, cranberries, pineapple and mango. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise and orange juice concentrate; fold into carrot mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 164 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tropical Carrot Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC