Tropical Carrot Salad Recipe
- 1 pound shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crushed unsweetened pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup chopped salted cashews
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the carrots, raisins, cranberries, pineapple and mango. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise and orange juice concentrate; fold into carrot mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 164 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.