Tropical Carrot Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat eggs,oil and buttermilk. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in vanilla, carrots, raisins, pineapple, walnuts and coconut; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool.
- For frosting, beat all ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Frost cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Tropical Carrot Cake
Sort By :
"This is the only carrot cake I make - it's a hit every time. Serves many hungry people and is actually good for you."
"One of the best cakes I've ever had!! (although I used store-bought icing, so I can't comment on that part) It was deliciously moist, sweet, and addictive!"
"I just found this recipe and from now on this is the only one I will make. Even a friend who is an excellent carrot cake maker said this was better than hers."
"Moist and chock full of goodies, this cake is delicious. It's easy to make too, especially if you are serving it directly from the pan."
"After making this recipe I never ever made a boxed cake again. Back in 2003 I added a twist to the recipe and added jalepeno's to the mix and a lil tabasco sauce. And jazzed up the frosting with a dash of tequila and some lime and orange zest for a friends bridal shower and it was a hit."