- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat eggs,oil and buttermilk. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in vanilla, carrots, raisins, pineapple, walnuts and coconut; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool.
- For frosting, beat all ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Frost cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Tropical Carrot Cake
Sort By :
"Great for an easy carrot cake. I did substitute applesauce for the oil and it worked fine. I'll make this one again."
"I've been searching for a good (scratch) Carrot Cake recipe, and this one looks as though I've finally found it! I have most of the ingredients on hand, so I'll give it a 'dry run' this weekend for my family. I was asked to bring a dessert to our friend's Labor Day cookout, so I'll most likely bring this delicious sounding cake. It sounds SOOO yummy!!"
"Made for a church gathering & it was a big hit. Didn't change a thing."
"Love this recipe. I make this ever Christmas, gotten so many compliments on it. enjoy baking and cooking, enjoy looking at all the recipes."
"This is exactly like the recipe I've been making for years. I got it from a Bed & Breakfast cookbook. I eliminate the raisins ( I don't like rotten grapes : )) The cake is "To Die For" !!"