- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil and buttermilk. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in vanilla, carrots, raisins, pineapple, walnuts and coconut; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool.
- For frosting, beat all ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Frost cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Tropical Carrot Cake
"I only have non fat milk in my house, will it be that much different?"
"This exact recipe has been passed down in my family for 4 generations. It is an excellent cake."
"Made this several times. Best carrot cake recipe I have ever tried. Absolutely wonderful.Only one I make now."
"excellent cake! love, love loved it"
"Made this carrot cake. Everyone loved it . Neighbors asked for more and asked if they could have some when I made it again."
"I was a disaster. Ended up in a bin."
"Judy from PAI have made carrot cake with pineapple for a long time, but this one takes the prize."
"This cake was very simple and tasted great with the coconut."