- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil and buttermilk. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in vanilla, carrots, raisins, pineapple, walnuts and coconut; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool.
- For frosting, beat all ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Frost cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Tropical Carrot Cake
"This exact recipe has been passed down in my family for 4 generations. It is an excellent cake."
"Made this several times. Best carrot cake recipe I have ever tried. Absolutely wonderful.Only one I make now."
"excellent cake! love, love loved it"
"Made this carrot cake. Everyone loved it . Neighbors asked for more and asked if they could have some when I made it again."