Tropical Beef and Noodles Recipe
Pineapple and mandarin oranges provide a marvelous flavor boost to ground beef in this skillet recipe.
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup salted whole cashews
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Drain mandarin oranges and pineapple, reserving juices. Set fruit aside. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and reserved juices until smooth; stir in the lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and nutmeg. Pour over beef.
- 3. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cashews, oranges and pineapple. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Drain noodles; top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup beef mixture with 1 cup noodles equals 528 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 569 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Tropical Beef and Noodles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC